There are a lot Mexican insurance companies marketing their Mexico car insurance full coverage policies under different names, but in most cases all policies can be categorized into two types which are standard full coverage and enhanced full coverage. There is no one perfect Mexico car insurance policy for everyone, but there are some characteristics that you should look for in right policy for you. Below are 5 characteristics to look for in the full coverage policy full coverage policy.
- The Mexican Insurance Company – The financial stability of Mexican insurance company behind your full coverage Mexican car insurance is one of the most important characteristics of an excellent policy. Mexico auto insurance company that is legitimate, financially stable, and will do what they say. A.M. Best is a company that reviews Mexican insurance companies for their financial stability and assigns them a letter grade from A++ (superior) to S (suspended). Before you get your quote, you should make sure the Mexican insurance companies you are getting quotes from have an A.M. Best rating of A- or better. The easiest way to do this is to purchase your Mexico car insurance online as many of the online companies will list the ratings and will also only provide quotes from Mexican insurance companies that have an A.M. Best rating of A- or better. In addition if the insurance company is not performing well on claims, they may also be removed from the quoting system until they resolve their issues. The benefit to an online company is that they sell a lot of policies and know how the Mexican insurance companies are performing in regards to customer service and claims.
- Liability Coverage Amount – Mexico is not a place where you want to have an accident and not have enough liability coverage to take care of the injuries and damages of the third parties. An excellent policy will provide liability limits from $50,000 to $300,000. Make sure to obtain enough liability coverage which you feel will adequately to cover the worst case accident scenario of a fatality where you are at fault. The $10,000 and $20,000 policies should be avoided as higher limits cost a few extra dollars. Having the wrong limit could potentially cost you a lot of money out-of-pocket and even jail time till the restitution is paid
- Vandalism Coverage – You go out hiking or to eat and come back and your car is a vandalized! This is not a coverage that comes in every full coverage policy. Look to ensure the coverage is part of your policy. Most of the Mexico car insurance policies that are in the enhanced full coverage category will provide the coverage. It may also be labeled as the deluxe or premium full coverage policy. With the coverage you could easily be out-of-pocket a thousand dollars
- Partial Theft Coverage – Your car breaks down and you leave the car to get help and when you come back, you only find half of your car. Partial theft like vandalism is exclude from many of the standard full coverage policies, but included in the enhanced full coverage polices. An excellent policy will include partial theft and save you thousands of dollars
- United Stated Body Shop Rates – This is a very important characteristic of an excellent policy that costs many travels a lot of money when they end up settling a claim with the Mexican insurance company for car repairs. Many full coverage policies will only pay Mexico body shop rates which could be low as $10-$20 an hour depending on the type of vehicle you have. An excellent policy will pay United States body shop rates which are $40-$75 an hour to fix your car because the odds are you will return to the United States to get your car fixed. If this coverage is not present, your quote for repair will be prorated to Mexico body shop rates and you will most likely receive a check for 1/3 of what you expected which could be hundreds or thousands of dollars.
- Evacuation – Without exception a great policy will have this coverage or the option to add it. Evacuation is essential in the event of an accident and you or your passengers are hurt and it was necessary to transport someone back to the United States. The out-of-pocket costs could easily be over $10,000 for an ambulance ride!
What you can take away form this is simple. Take note of these must have coverages and protect your car as well as yourself with the right Mexico car insurance.
And now that you know the right coverages to have in Mexican car insurance policy, make sure you have the right company by getting your quote from GotMexico.com.