It is known fact that possessing a Mexico liability insurance policy is important when travelling to Mexico. Finding a good one can be difficult with all the Mexico insurance companies online and at the border competing for your business. While Mexico liability insurance itself is not compulsory it is highly recommended due to the numerous situations you may find yourself in. Unless you can pay for the fines and restitution at hand, you may be arrested and jailed.
Now remember that although a progressing economy, Mexico still has a long way to go and infrastructure and assets are still less than the world standard… so accidents may happen with an even higher ratio at night time.
Let us look at the top 10 reasons you should have Mexico liability insurance.
- US Insurances are NOT valid in Mexico. Mexico authorities to do not recognize United States or Canada insurance even though your daily auto insurance may provide some kind of comprehensive coverage in Mexico in the policy.
- Driving in Mexico brings on many new obstacles that are distracting and challenging. Some of the most common challenges include completely language, different signage, driving laws, speed limits, rights of ways, lack of traffic signaling, back roads, driving culture, and most important other travelers driving next to you without a clue.
- A lot of drivers have run down cars with either bad brakes or broken tail lights, etc. The property damage and theft ratios are on a constant rise which is why it is so important to have insurance in the first place. It is easy to bump into another car at night if you cannot see it. So do not assume that it will not happen to you because you are a good driver. Assume it will because there are bad drivers everywhere.
- The process of determining the perpetrator in an accident takes a long time and in Mexico, jail time is the temporary solution until a conclusion is reached. Liability converge saves you from lengthy jail time as you will be able to pay for third party damages should you be found at fault..
- If you do not have Mexico liability insurance and you are involved in an accident, the issue is not debatable, you will have to either pay the fines and restitution yourself or you may have to wait for someone to bail you out.
- You will save yourself a lot of time and money if you have Mexican liability insurance. Covering the costs of the other party’s damages may not be an easy feat and will most likely cost you a lot more than the cost of a Mexico auto insurance policy.
- If you do not have Mexican liability insurance and are involved in an accident, there is a close to definite chance that your vehicle will be impounded should you not have the necessary disposable funds at the time of the loss. This is something you want to avoid as getting your car back can be another lengthy process and by that time, your holiday will be over.
- You can have peace of mind with Mexican liability insurance. Of course no one drives with the thought of having an accident but in the event you are at fault in an accident where someone is hurt, you may not have to physically fork out any money and you will have legal representation. Most people have a budget for their holiday so if the Mexico liability insurance is in your budget you will not have to worry about unexpected costs. No one really has a portion of their savings set aside for accidents which is what insurance is for.
- You can also avoid incurring the extra costs of bribery. Even in small incidents you may be subjected to bribe attempts by corrupt police officials and having the necessary coverage will protect you from feeling obliged.
- Finally, if cause damage to state property that you are required to pay, your Mexican liability insurance will cover this third party damage as well.
And now that you know why to buy Mexico liability insurance, make sure you have the right policy! Start today by getting your quote from GotMexico.com.